Covid-19 cases begin to level locally
Mass vaccination sites are hoped to help booster or initial shots for community
ALBANY, GA – As of Tuesday morning, these were Phoebe’s COVID-19 numbers:
- Total COVID-19 Patients in Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 53
- Total COVID-19 Patients in Phoebe Sumter Medical Center – 14
- Total COVID-19 Patients in Phoebe Worth Medical Center – 0
- Total Inpatients Recovered – 3,248
- Total Positive Deaths from Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 380
- Total Positive Deaths from Phoebe Sumter – 96
- Total Positive Deaths from Phoebe Worth – 1
- Total Vaccines Administered – 68,308
“As our COVID numbers continue to fall, we don’t want to take our foot off the gas. Today, only 43% of Dougherty County residents are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We know we can prevent future increases in hospitalizations and deaths if more people get their initial or booster shots,” said Scott Steiner, Phoebe Putney Health System President and CEO. “Our mass booster vaccination sites will continue to operate this week in Albany, Americus and Sylvester, and we have plenty of appointments available. The process is quick and easy, and we encourage anyone who needs a first, second or third dose of the Pfizer vaccine to schedule an appointment while those sites are still active,” Steiner added.
Vaccinations also remain available at Phoebe clinics throughout southwest Georgia and at mobile wellness clinic events. Those sites will be able to handle the demand after the mass sites close at the end of this week.
To schedule an appointment at a Phoebe mass site or clinic, call 229-312-MYMD.
This Saturday, Phoebe is once again partnering with Dougherty County for the second Strive for 75 incentive-based vaccination event. Dougherty County residents and local college students who get a first or second dose of the Pfizer vaccine will receive a $100 gift card. The event will be from 8 am – 2 pm behind the Albany Civic Center.