Severe Weather brings Flash Flooding
(ALBANY, GA) – Severe weather this afternoon brought with it flash flooding, power outages. Images seen on social media of a car stalled in the middle of a road covered in water from heavy rains in the area.
IF YOU ARE UNDER A FLOOD WARNING, FIND SAFE SHELTER RIGHT AWAY
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through flood waters. Turn Around, Don’t Drown!
- Just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- Stay off of bridges over fast-moving water.
- Determine how best to protect yourself based on the type of flooding.
- Evacuate if told to do so.
- Move to higher ground or a higher floor.
- Stay where you are.