Southwest Georgia schools announce closings ahead of thunderstorms
ALBANY, Ga. – Several school districts across southwest Georgia have already announced early closings or cancellations ahead of thunderstorms on Thursday.
The following school systems have already made announcements regarding closing and dismissals:
- The Dougherty County School System will be dismissing students throughout Thursday afternoon, with elementary school students being released at 12:30 p.m. Middle Schools at 1:30 p.m. and high schools at 2:30 p.m. All after school activities have been cancelled as well. UPDATE: The Dougherty County School System has announced that all schools and administration will close by 2 P.M.
- Terrell County Schools have announced on Facebook that they will be closed Thursday.
- Colquitt County Schools have announced on Facebook that all schools will be dismissed by 12:30 p.m. at the latest.
- The Lee and Worth County School systems have announced on Facebook that they are still monitoring the storm and have yet to make a decision.
- The Turner County School System will begin dismissals at 12:30 p.m.
- Irwin County schools have announced on Facebook that all students will be dismissed by 1:15 p.m.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update with more closings as they become available.