Phoebe’s Covid-19 update
More than 70,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine administered in last 10 months
ALBANY, GA – As of Tuesday morning, these were Phoebe’s COVID-19 numbers:
- Total COVID-19 Patients in Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 53
- Total COVID-19 Patients in Phoebe Sumter Medical Center – 8
- Total COVID-19 Patients in Phoebe Worth Medical Center – 0
- Total Inpatients Recovered – 3,302
- Total Positive Deaths from Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 381
- Total Positive Deaths from Phoebe Sumter – 97
- Total Positive Deaths from Phoebe Worth – 1
- Total Vaccines Administered – 70,529
“Our COVID trendline has flattened in the last week. In fact, we are caring for 61 COVID patients today, three more than when we last reported our numbers on Friday. We certainly do not want to settle at a COVID census level that high, and we hope our numbers will begin to drop again soon,” said Scott Steiner, Phoebe Putney Health System President and CEO. “We are pleased to have hit another vaccination milestone. We have now administered more than 70,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines in ten months. Nearly 900 people received shots at a single Strive for 75 event hosted by Dougherty County over the weekend. It is certainly not too late for folks to protect themselves and those around them. We strongly urge any unvaccinated southwest Georgians to get vaccinated and to consider getting a booster shot when they are eligible,” Steiner said.
To schedule a vaccination appointment at a Phoebe facility, call 229-312-MYMD.